From staff reports
The Fellowship of Catholic University Students, or FOCUS, is offering spring and summer mission trips and other opportunities to serve around the world and in one’s local communities.
Founded in 1998, the national Catholic outreach program invites college students to grow in their relationship with Christ and Church through mission, evangelization and discipleship.
During the 2017-2018 academic year, FOCUS will host more than 130 mission trips in nearly 50 countries. New locations this year include Albania, Poland, Uganda, Uruguay and Southeast Asia. The deadline to apply for spring missions is Nov. 30; summer trip applications are due by Jan. 15
Since 2004, more than 7,000 college students and FOCUS missionaries, including young adults from the Diocese of Trenton, have served around the world, reaching out to the impoverished and cultivating a heart for the poor. Some of the projects include:
• Patient care services at medical clinics in Argentina and the Philippines
• Corporal works of mercy to the sick and dying in Cambodia, Ecuador, Haiti, Jamaica, Kolkata, Mexico and India
• Homeless ministries in Colombia, New York City, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Denver and Chicago
• The building or renovation of 13 churches and schools in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and the Yucatán of Mexico
• Established sports camps for youth in the Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia and Trinidad & Tobago
For a full list of mission trip opportunities or more information, visit focusoncampus.org/missions. [[In-content Ad]]