Compiled from reports
VATICAN CITY – The Vatican has released Pope Francis’ schedule for Holy Week and Easter Sunday 2019. As is customary when first publishing the Pope’s calendar for Holy Week, the Vatican did not provide the time or place for his celebration of the Mass of the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday. Pope Francis has made it a tradition to celebrate the Mass and foot washing ritual at a prison or detention center, refugee center or rehabilitation facility.
Here is the schedule of papal liturgical ceremonies for Easter released by the Vatican. When indicated, programming will be aired live by Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN); times indicated are EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time):
• April 14, Palm Sunday, 10 a.m. Mass in St. Peter’s Square. (4 a.m. and 8 p.m. EWTN)
• April 18, Chrism Mass, 9:30 a.m. in St. Peter’s Basilica. (3:30 a.m. EWTN)
• April 19, Good Friday, 5 p.m. Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion in St. Peter’s Basilica. (11 a.m. April 19 and 12 a.m.
April 20 EWTN)
• April 19, Way of the Cross, 9:15 p.m., Rome’s Colosseum. (7 p.m. EWTN)
• April 20, Easter Vigil Mass, 8:30 p.m., St. Peter’s Basilica. (2:30 p.m. April 20 and 12 a.m. April 21 EWTN)
• April 21, Easter Morning Mass, 10 a.m., St. Peter’s Square, followed at noon by the Pope’s blessing “urbi et orbi” (the city and the world) from the central balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica. (4 a.m. and 7 p.m. Mass EWTN; 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. blessing EWTN)
EWTN programming can also be streamed live at www.EWTN.com.[[In-content Ad]]