Domestic Church Media is a non-profit, tax-exempt Catholic lay apostolate dedicated to using the means of social communications, especially radio, to proclaim Jesus Christ to all people. Jim and Cheryl Manfredonia, co-founders, currently operate New Jersey’s only two full-time Catholic radio stations – WFJS 1260 AM and 89.3 FM – with the vision to establish other stations throughout the tri-state area.
WFJS is an affiliate of EWTN, the Global Catholic Network begun by Mother Angelica in 1981. Excellent programming is provided by the national network, and fine, quality locally-produced programs feature lay and religious leaders from around the diocese.
1260 AM was established in September, 2008, and will be celebrating its first anniversary of 89.3 FM being on the air in the shore region next month.
Domestic Church Media has the following volunteer opportunities:
• Administrative work – Persons are needed throughout the year to assist with preparing major mailings.
• Telephone work – On most Fridays, the agency could use volunteers to answer phones from 3 to 5 p.m. while staff conducts a live, call-in program.
• Have a green thumb? Extra hands are needed to help with sprucing up the grounds around the radio station’s headquarters located on Ewingville Rd., Ewing.
• The station is in need of a “handy man” to handle small, fix-it type projects.
• Persons with public relations and/or marketing skills are also welcome to volunteer their services.
In addition to the radio stations, Domestic Church Media needs volunteers to assist with its various events and conferences.
The fourth annual spring radio-a-thon is planned for May 14-16, and persons are needed to help with manning phones and mailing gift items to persons to pledge.
Also, help is needed for the upcoming summer conference scheduled for July 28 in the Sun National Bank Center in Trenton. Using the theme, Embrace the Family of God — Empowering Catholics to be an Evangelizing Force in the Modern World, is expected to draw some 5,000 people.
For further information on volunteering with Domestic Church Media, e-mail Cheryl at Cheryl@DomesticChurchMedia or call the office at 609-882-9357.[[In-content Ad]]