Sister Mary Pezzino
Sister Mary Pezzino

A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated July 26 in St. Lucy Chapel at Villa Walsh, Morristown, for Filippini Sister Mary Pezzino who died earlier that day.

Born and raised in Belleville, Sister Mary entered the Religious Teachers Filippini in 1940. She received her habit in 1941 and made her final profession in 1944. She earned a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from the College of St. Elizabeth, Convent Station, and taught middle school grades in the Archdioceses of Newark, Philadelphia and Hartford, and the Dioceses of Trenton, Metuchen, Camden and Cleveland, Ohio.

In the Trenton Diocese, she taught in St. Joachim School, Trenton; St. James School, where she also served terms as superior and principal and later as a substitute teacher; St. Jerome School, West Long Branch, as principal and teacher, and was a teacher in Holy Trinity School, Long Branch, and Holy Innocents School, Neptune.

Sister Mary is survived by a brother, a niece, nephews and great-nieces and great-nephews.

Burial was in Ave Maria Cemetery, Morristown. Memorial donations may be sent to St. Joseph Hall, c/o Sister Ascenza Tizzano, M.P.F., superior, Villa Walsh, 455 Western Ave., Morristown, N.J. 07