Sister M. Isabel Schratwieser
Sister M. Isabel Schratwieser
Immaculate Heart of Mary Sister M. Isabel Schratwieser died July 16 in Our Lady of Peace Residence, Scranton, Pa.

Due to coronavirus restrictions, a private graveside service was held in St. Catherine Cemetery, Moscow, Pa.

Born in 1922 in East Rockaway, NY, and given the name Helen, Sister Isabel entered the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary community Feb. 1, 1947; made her temporary profession of vows Aug. 2, 1949, and her final profession of vows Aug. 2, 1952.

She received a bachelor of science degree in home economics/history and a master of arts degree in English from Marywood College, Scranton. She served as a teacher in schools in Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware. In the Trenton Diocese, Sister Isabel taught in Mount Holly Regional Catholic School, Mount Holly, from 1950 to 1952 and from 1957 to 1959 and Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Asbury Park, from 1977 to 1980. She also served as library assistant and technical processor at Marywood College; dietary assistant at the Marian Convent, Scranton; prayer minister at the IHM Center, Scranton, and a volunteer at Heartworks Gift Shop at Our Lady of Peace Residence.

Sister Isabel is survived by the members of the IHM Congregation. Memorial contributions may be made to support the retired IHM Sisters c/o the IHM Sisters Retirement Fund, IHM Center, 2300 Adams Ave., Scranton, PA 18509.